Thursday, November 3, 2016

NaNoWriMo: Day Three

NaNoWriMo: Day 3 complete. 2,049 words. To be fair, 700+ were completely unrelated to my novel, 200+ I rewrote from the RP I tried to start with this storyline two years ago, and I did go through and remove contractions. A lot of contractions. But I think I have a decent first chapter outlined and have started on the second!

Excerpt for today:

Besides the odds and ends of ship terminology and piratical jargon she'd picked up to write her romance novels, she knew nothing about plotting courses and the way the sailing world worked. Thankfully, her readers didn't know a thing about it either. Gnomes generally avoided water if at all possible and everything associated with it. And Thorberta in particular was a gnome who had cultivated that avoidance into a phobia.

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing Nanowrimo too :) Haven't written today yet, waiting on my kid to nap :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I am LadyAlainn if you want to buddy up. :)

      An enormous overdue congratulations on becoming a mother, by the way! I know it was/is such a big dream for you. I was truly happy to find out your dream came true when I came back to my blog. :)

      Delete