Thursday, March 6, 2014

No Flash Fiction Today

As the title clearly states, there is no Flash Fiction from me today.  "Why is that?" you may ask.  The answer is really quite simple!  If you read my post last week, you would have seen why.  Now that's tricky isn't it--- trying to gather more views by making you go hunting through past posts.  Tis shameful!  I can't have you thinking me tricksy, so here's a link

Ha!  Caught you again!  An honest person would just tell ye the news and since I'm an honest person, here it be:

I won last week's Finish That Thought challenge!  What all does that entail?  First of all, it means I didn't have to write a story this week.  Secondly, I got to judge the stories submitted this week! 

It was a lot more nerve-wracking than I thought it would be. 

There are so many excellent writers out there and the stories that show up in places like Alissa's challenge are many times phenomenal.  The anxiety of "picking the right one" can be overwhelming.  Which one do you pick?  Why?  Will others look down on your choice?  Was there another story that obviously should have won and I didn't choose it?  Will I lose my right to ever judge again?

Silly, I know, but these thoughts plagued me.  I know I'm not the best writer and to judge people's imaginations [some of them being professional writers!] seemed... I don't know the right word, but it felt funny in the deepest parts of my tummy, like how I feel when I have to make a public speech.  It just doesn't feel right.

I rallied my spirits, however, and enjoyed handing the Sceptre of Judging Responsibilities over to someone else for next week.  I doubt Alissa would have let me keep it two weeks in a row anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment